Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Currently : December 2020

New month, new prompts for the Currently linkup - last one of 2020! Friends, we've almost made it through the slowest, yet fastest, year of our lives! 

Baking : The baker in our house is actually Charlotte! She and my mom make all kinds of creations! Their latest creation was a black cake because the cake mix was super cheap (but not out of date...mom and I think that people just aren't into black cake after Halloween!). Char even told me what they made the glaze out of. Girl loves to bake things and cook! 

Decorating : Our house for Christmas! I feel like that's going to be the most popular answer here! We did our outside stuff last weekend, but we haven't quite finished the inside stuff yet. Every year it's a battle to figure out where to put the tree, so we always drag our feet on that. We've got to do that soon so we can put the ornaments on it, including Char's pick for this year - some kind of character from PJ Masks. 

(Funny story - we pick out a family ornament every year, and a couple of years ago, we had to buy a stuffed hamburger ornament after Char tried to take a bite out of it!! In her defense, it is a good looking burger...).

Our tiny amount of outdoor decorations! We don't have any outside plugs for some reason,
so it's tough to do too much out there! 

Gifting : Char has asked for a yo-yo and a toy train set with train tracks. I didn't know I was raising a child from the 1950s! Ha! I'm not sure what the outcome of either of those requests will be since we were almost finished buying her gifts (based on her 2020 interests...lol), but we'll see what the season will bring!

Hoping : For lots of things. Probably a lot of the same things that most Americans are hoping for this year - pandemic related things, economy related things, getting along as a society related things, and so on. I've got a few more personal hopes tossed in there too, but those will be a one day at a time type thing!

Sending : A housewarming card to an alumna from the university I worked at. She was my student assistant in a class I taught, so I wanted to send her a little congratulatory card since she just bought a house! We don't usually send Christmas cards, but every year I say that next year will be the year we do it. We'll see in 2021, right? 

Have you been up to any of these things? Have any easy baking recipes that I can share with my mom and Char? 😉

Linking up with Anne!

6 comments:

crackercrumblife said...

Aw I love your daughter's 1950s Christmas list! And a black cake sounds neat! Have a safe and happy holiday!

Anne said...

Having a baker in the house is delightful! We had a lot of fun with our house baking mold, using gingerbread cake boxed mixes. But we also love to bake muffins together :)

Enjoy the season!

Natasha said...

We're giving my daughter LiteBrite this year so maybe those classic childhood toys are back in style! Also, my daughter (9 years old) LOVES making these pretzels with me: https://www.messforless.net/soft-pretzels-recipe-food-fun-friday Warning: They are addictive :)

Anthea said...

Your outdoor decorations look lovely!
I'm feeling so festive since the tree is up and our home is decorated.

Carrie said...

The bite out of the hamburger ornament is too funny. :)

Shea Lennon said...

I love her gift requests, those are classics! I love baking with my kids--we make a lot of cookies and bars around here. :)