Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Currently : July 2022

It's my birthday month! This one will be a semi-big one too since I'll be turning 39! I can't believe it because mentally I feel like I'm about 12! Stay tuned for my before 40 goals that I've been brainstorming...


Enjoying : Charli's summer sleep schedule! She seems to take after me with her night owl ways, which I love right now, but in a few weeks, I will not enjoy at all!!

Having : Trouble keeping up with everything happening in this country and in life. Between the big events and news stories and just life stuff, I'm worn out. It's a lot. We are not made to live in this chronic state of stress and fear and shock, and I'm worried about what's going to happen when we all hit our collective wall. Okay, onto something lighter...

Hoping : Our flowers and pumpkins bloom! I don't really have a green thumb, so my track record with flowers/plants isn't the best. So far they look good, but we'll see! 

Picking : Books for the Erin 17.0 book challenge that started on July 1. I'm just fashionably late to this one.

Using : Things in our house. That's a little vague, so let me clarify. I had a thought a few months ago that I constantly buy things and then wait for the "perfect" opportunity to use them, and I don't know why. If it's something I really like, I can buy another one if I use it up, wear it out, etc. If it's something I don't like, then I can give it away or throw it out, and I'll know not to buy it anymore. I have a tendency to act like things are precious or made of gold, when in reality, 99.9% of what I own can be easily replaced/repurchased by doing a couple of Internet searches (or close duplicates of those items, at the very least). So, I'm not saving craft supplies like I'm waiting for some craft apocalypse where nothing is sold anywhere ever again. I'm coloring in the coloring book that Will bought me in March 2020 when he ventured into a store at the beginning of the pandemic. And, if it's something that I'm on the fence about, I'm putting it in a consignment sale, on marketplace, or in a donation bag. If it sells, then it's off to a better home. If I don't miss it when it's in the donation bag, then it's off to a better home. I have a long way to go, but this is helping my decluttering process also. Obviously, I have stronger feelings about this than I realized since I wrote a novella about it...

What are you currently up to? Use these prompts or tell me what's going on in your life right now!

Linking up with Anne

2 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Happy Birthday month!

it's definitely been a stressful time for the country, and it really is hard to handle some days.

Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

Jennifer said...

Buying things and then "saving them - truly, I thought I was the one? I have no idea why I do that...but I am taking your lead and am going to start using my things!! Brilliant:)