Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1

Day 1: Introduce, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts

My name is Amber. I can read. The end.

Okay, maybe that's not the end. I'm Amber, and I'm a librarian who's currently working on a double masters (education and information science). I have a younger brother, and my parents have been married for almost 28 years. I'm 5'3 on a good day, and we won't talk about weight since I've been going to Weight Watchers for nearly 5 months and have only lost 7 pounds. Pitiful...

Here's a picture of me from Saturday night being a crazy bunny in Target:
Flattering, right?

And finally, my fantastic fifteen:

1. I'm a HUGE procrastinator...like start stuff on the due date type procrastinator. I'm working to get better at it, but it's just not clicking for me so far.

2. I think I'm hilarious, and most of the time I don't care if no one else agrees.

3. I go to the greatest church EVER! I go to Joy Church International, and it's the only one I've ever hated to miss. And they have Saturday night services, which rocks my world. Everyone's invited! =)

4. I would love to be a comedy writer. I have grand fantasies of restoring SNL to the Tina Fey glory days of yore.

5. I feel that the word yore is vastly underused!

6. I'm a spelling snob...come on, who doesn't know the difference between your and you're (and yore...)?

7. I'm very easily influenced. For example, if I'm out walking and see someone riding a bike, I immediately want to go home and get on a bike. I don't know how I never was influenced to join a cult or anything like that.

8. I'm book smart but don't have much common sense. It's kind of sad.

9. I want to do a half-marathon really badly. The only thing stopping me is my own laziness...

10. I actually have a list of things that I want to complete before I'm 30. Considering that I'll turn 28 in July, I don't have high hopes for the completion of this list...

11. I've never been to summer camp (I don't know why this is a necessity to share).

12. I'm afraid that one night my bookshelf will topple over and destroy everything in its path.

13. I worry that writing things like I did in #12 will somehow make them come true.

14. My family is one of the most important things in my life. I get wicked protective of them...like Mafia style...

15. I love Jesus.

I thought it would be good to end on an important fact! ;) 1 day down, 29 to go!

No comments: