Saturday, September 29, 2012

Health progress

This post is basically a case of me using the blog as my journal since I'm sitting at the computer. It's also a way to encourage me on the days when I'm frustrated about the whole weight loss process and health journey.

Since I've started working on my weight back in January, I've lost around 15 pounds, which is not a whole lot, but it's a decent start. More importantly, I've made strides in my health and athleticism and things I can do. Here are some of them:

1. Have steadily improved my 5K times. Even from July to today, I've shaved a little over 3 minutes off my time and will just continue to get better.

2. Can jog for entire songs now (such as "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls. Guess that makes me Sporty Spice...ha).

3. Can do at least 5 legit, on my toes push ups in a row. I could possibly do more than that if I haven't done any arm/upper body work before I start them.

4. Can almost get my heels on the ground when I do the downward dog pose in yoga, instead of having my heels raised in the air and my weight on my toes.

5. Consistently improving the amount of weight I can lift when doing various exercises.

The list goes on and on, but these were the ones that popped into my head immediately. I am getting fitter and stronger, even if I haven't changed my diet enough to see drastic weight loss. It's time for that phase now. I'm doing a challenge at my gym where the person who loses the most body fat by December 29 wins money. That sure would go a long way towards a new skinny wardrobe! So, like I said, this is mainly for my own encouragement, but on the off chance that anyone sees this, I wanted to say that progress is definitely possible. I still have a long way to go on some of my fitness goals and my weight loss goal, but it's doable! If I can do it, anyone can! =)

No comments: