I always say that I can't believe it's [insert month here] already, but it does feel like time flies, and I really CAN'T believe it's already September! At least I'm consistent with my disbelief? 😂
Let's do a quick recap of my April Goals (the last month of goals I've posted...oops!). My goals were:
1. Put away winter clothes and shoes - I've kind of done this. We are in consignment prep mode for a big sale coming up, so I've been getting the winter clothes and shoes that she's outgrown together. That's been helping clear out her closet, but I'm embarrassed to say that she has piles of clothes everywhere in the house - winter and summer gear - we're a hot mess! I pulled most of my winter clothes out of my closet and put in a bin, but that bin has been living in our bedroom floor all summer. I really, really, really need a better system for switching over our clothes...or fewer clothes, like my husband!
2. Declutter and deep clean kitchen - I didn't do this. I cleared out our pantry over the summer, and the kitchen was next on the list, but I never quite made it there. Plus, now the pantry is a mess again! Ugh!
3. Work on daughter's room makeover - I worked on this a little bit but not nearly to the extent I thought I would. Just riding the struggle bus lately!
4. Put together daughter's trampoline - We did this! Okay, my husband did it, and he did it in August instead of April, but it's still done, minus the safety net around it, but we'll count this one as a win!
5. Read 12 books - I read 6, which isn't terrible but not quite enough to keep me on track for that month!
Now, onto this month's goals!
1. Clear off dining room table
Every flat surface in this house has piles on it, but the dining room table is particularly bad. I need to excavate it and get it cleared off and cleaned off so that we can actually start eating at it again and so Char can do her homework there if I don't get her desk put together this month, which bring me to goal number 2...
2. Work on daughter's room makeover
She has been so patient with us, but I feel bad that we haven't made much progress on this. If I can get it cleaned out and the unused furniture moved out this month, that would be good progress. Bonus goal - get her desk put together!
3. Do one of my craft or art projects
I have a diamond painting my husband got me for my birthday, Lego plants he got me for another occasion (Valentine's maybe?), bracelet making supplies, coloring and puzzle books, sticker by number books, and bedazzling supplies, and yet my screen time is abysmal. I really want to spend less time scrolling and wasting time online and stretch some of my creative muscles. So in September, I want to complete one of the projects or spend significant time working on one of the other projects.
4. Find a cleaning schedule or cleaning inspiration that works for my brain
I know that some people don't need a cleaning schedule or suggestions for when to do certain tasks, but that's not how my brain works! I need at least a loose schedule of when certain things need to be done so that I can check tasks off a list and not wonder when the last time I've done something was. We also need to majorly declutter, so I hope that having cleaning inspiration will help on that side too. I'm looking into the index card system that's going around social media right now. I actually have the book it was inspired by (Sidetracked Home Executives) somewhere and need to find it!
5. Spend at least an hour per week working on courses
I have purchased some courses to help with gaining some new skills and changing career paths, but I have a bad habit of buying them and letting them gather dust (virtual dust of course, since they're online courses). Along with pursuing some creative outlets, I'm going to carve out at least an hour per week to work on these courses and see if I can get some trajectory making some long overdue changes!
6. Read at least 18 books
My reading goal this year is 150 books, and I've read 80 books so far. 70 books divided by the 4 months left this year is 17.5 books per month, so I went ahead and rounded it up to 18 books. I'm currently juggling a couple of audiobooks, a book with our daughter every night, and a couple that I'm reading, so I'm off to a good start for the month, and once again, if I spend less time scrolling, that's more reading time! Plus, I can listen to books while I do creative stuff - two goals in one!
7. Decorate for fall
I used to decorate for different seasons/holidays, but I got out of that habit at some point. I miss it because it always gave me a little extra joy to switch the decor and see the things that I only get to see once a year. Plus, I feel like it makes use of things we've bought in the past, rather than letting them gather dust in the garage and basement, so this month, I'm busting the fall decor back out and bringing some fall whimsy into our home!
I have some fitness, finance, and other reading goals, but I'll put those on my other blogs and platforms (that I should share here at some point but one thing at a time!). What are your September goals? Share them below so I can cheer you on!
Linking up with My Random Musings!

No comments:
Post a Comment