Sunday, May 12, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: May 12

Today's prompt: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)

I miss friendships. In college, friendships were so easy. You had lots of time. You had common interests and goals and plans. You had opportunities to just sit around and talk (or "socialize" as I called it). It was easy to meet people, and there didn't seem to be the awkwardness there is now with making friends. It just seemed like it all came together a lot easier than it does now.

Don't get me wrong, I have a few friendships now, but lately it's more and more of a struggle to find someone to do something with if my husband is busy or if I want to do something girly. And some of it is my fault. I didn't really care for and cultivate the friendships that I sustained in college, and people got tired of that. I don't get invited to things as much, and unfortunately, I don't often say yes to the invitations I receive. So, I guess I can't really miss something that I didn't put a lot of effort into, but it still would be nice if it was as easy to make friends now as it was then.

Now if you'll excuse me, my imaginary friend and I have somewhere to be...

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

"Now if you'll excuse me, my imaginary friend and I have somewhere to be..."

I'm telling you.. FRIENDS.. who hang out.