Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Currently : January 2021

 


Beginning: To get into a daily routine. I definitely have a lot of work to do, but there are certain things that I'm beginning to do each day around the same time. I have a problem with sticking to routines, so this is a big step for me! 
 
Feeling: Optimistic about things! My husband and I have had some great discussions lately about our goals and the direction we want our lives to go, and it feels nice to be working on these things together. Also, I know there's been a lot of grumbling about the amount of the stimulus checks, but I'm feeling good about the progress they're going to help us make on our debt free journey

Organizing: Our living room and our family notebook. Okay, I have to actually put the family notebook together, so I guess I'm just organizing the contents that are going to be in it! Right now, I'm planning to have medical information about the three of us (and our pup!), home maintenance info (like noting that we got to buy a new water heater last year), and car maintenance info. I have few other ideas too, but if you have a family or home notebook, I'd be interested in hearing what you included in yours!

Resolving:
To work on a few goals each month in order to make small changes, instead of having my usual "IMMEDIATELY CHANGE EVERYTHING" mentality. So far, so good!

Wondering:
How this year is going to shape up. My husband and I were talking about the idea of a national lockdown last night, and we were curious about whether or not that's something that the new administration will mandate. I'm okay with that and anything else that helps us get these pandemic numbers under control!

Wondering if this will be my look for the rest of 2021...

Your turn! Have any answers to these prompts? Leave a comment below or your blog link so I can check them out! Linking up with Anne.


4 comments:

Anne said...

I'm curious what the new pandemic approach might be too, and I sure hope it's more effective...and that it comes with some better vaccine rollout too!

And I've not seen this idea of a family/household notebook, but that sounds super useful. I'm intrigued.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Like Anne said, I hope the new administration will get more vaccines to people across the country so we can get more vaccinations. It's off to a good start, but we really should have much more. I don't really mind the idea of a lockdown at a national level to help curb this thing, but I know it's not feasible for a lot of people so it does worry me - people in bad situations, etc. I guess we'll see what happens and what ends up being the best choice.

Love the idea of your family notebook. How handy!

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Shea Lennon said...

I'm definitely wondering many of the same things. And I'm with Anne--very intrigued by the idea of a family notebook!

Natasha said...

Count me among the people intrigued by the family notebook. That sounds like a really good idea. Also, we are currently in a provincial lock down and it would be interesting to see what a national lock down would do in the US. I hadn't heard that idea before but I could live through a short-term lock down for EVERYONE if it would help us get back to normal life -- hugging our friends, going to school and church, being able to travel again, etc.