Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Sentence A Day : December 2020

WE MADE IT THROUGH 2020!!!

Sorry, but that felt like an all caps situation! 2020 had some good moments, and it helped us face some things and make some decisions that will help our family in the long run, but wow, am I glad for a new year! Let's take a last look back at December 2020 (AKA the most wonderful time of the yearrrrr) before we shut the book on that year for good!


1 - Our heat wouldn't turn off, and it was sweltering in here; thankful that Will's stepdad has HVAC skills and fixed us up! 

2 - Char and I spent about 20 minutes driving around and looking at Christmas lights and decorations tonight; we both love them! 

3 - We were watching Wheel of Fortune tonight, and Char just said that Pat Sajak was Joe Biden! 😂

4 - Today was so rainy and gray that I just wanted to nap all day!

5 - Things do not feel good right now. 

6 - A trip to pick up our grocery order is the most excitement we've had in a while!

7 - We finally put up our tiny Christmas tree!

8 - My parents got us pizza for dinner on the condition that we picked theirs up too - can't refuse a good offer like that!

9 - Bruce Springsteen's live version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is horrible. Yep, I said it. 

10 - Char wanted to wear lipstick today and only let me put it on her top lip, but I forgot to take a picture!

11 - I can't believe we only have two more weeks until Christmas; I feel so unprepared!!

12 - We went to a Christmas scavenger hunt event at a shopping center today, and it was kind of underwhelming, but Char had fun!

13 - Never mind being ready for Christmas since Char is fascinated by the cheap stamp and knockoff slime she got in her scavenger hunt bag yesterday! 😂

14 - I won a $25 gift card for tagging the shopping center in an Instagram post on Saturday!!

15 - A certain little girl climbed on the hearth tonight so she could feel her stocking better; a certain mom couldn't quit laughing since she has always done similar things with her Christmas stockings...

16 - Our dog thinks he's a person sometimes...

17 - Love finding new people to watch on YouTube! (The Organized Money, in case you're curious)

18 - Going to Target a week before Christmas is a fool's errand. 

19 - I don't remember what we did today, but I'm sure it involved a grocery pickup!

20 - Lazy Sunday at home gearing up for the next couple of weeks!

21 - More driving around and looking at Christmas lights with Char tonight!

22 - I spotted a pretty clever lights display tonight during my drive with Char...

23 - I had to go pick up a work laptop today from company headquarters around an hour away, then we went to Will's sister's house to see his dad and stepmom while they were in town; that's more driving and social interaction than we've had in a long time! 

24 - Slower Christmas Eve than usual since my extended family's gatherings were cancelled, and that was okay with us after yesterday's adventures!

25 - Merry Christmas from a very excited little girl!

26 - A day at home playing with new Christmas toys (and our new fancy coffee machine) was just what all of us needed!

27 - A little uneasy today since some fool in our county (located near Nashville) decided to replicate the recording from the Christmas morning bombing, but thankfully it was just a random idiot who was shut down by local law enforcement. 

28 - Last Monday of the year!

29 - I haven't had to work during this week for a long time, so I forgot how it feels to use my brain between Christmas and New Year's Eve...haha

30 - My dad and brother brought over the gift my parents got us - a new freezer!! I never would've thought that I would be so excited about a new freezer! 

31 - We made it to the end of 2020; a new calendar/planner/date doesn't necessarily mean that everything will be instantly fixed, but it has to mean brighter days are ahead. Happy New Year! 

And that's December...and 2020...all wrapped up! Did you track your month? Leave your blog link on Leslie's linkup (using the button below) so I can see how your December was! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

Joanne said...

You know you are an adult when you get excited over things like a freezer! LOL. We just love our chest freezer.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

So tickled to see you are blogging again. Char has grown so much. What a doll baby. I know she really enjoyed Christmas this year.

Where are you working? I am thinking not a school library since you mentioned working between Christmas and New Years. That should be outlawed for everyone.

Yay for the freezer. I was afraid Santa was going to have to bring me a dryer. But PC fixed it!! I got a bread machine and cute booties instead.

Natasha said...

I would be excited about a new freezer right now!!! And I'm sorry you had to work between Christmas and New Year's -- not fun :(

Wildflower Adventures said...

I like to ride around & look at the lights & did it a couple times. Looks like fun at your house with the little one sneaking peeks in her stocking...hehe! Happy New Year!