Thursday, October 4, 2012

A review of the Bride-to-Be Vox Box from Influenster

This was my first box from Influenster, so I didn't know what to expect. This is the "Bride-to-Be Vox Box," so it contained items that a bride-to-be like me should find useful.

Here's my Instagram shot of the contents:


This box contained:
  • Kiss brand Premium eyelashes
  • Bach Rescue Gum
  • Dream Water
  • Schwazkopf BC hairtherapy shampoo, conditioner, and repair rescue

Here's my take on things:
  • The eyelashes: Never used these! Oops!
  • The gum: Honestly, I'm still not sure what to think about this. It contains ingredients like "Helianthemum nummularium" that's supposed to give courage and presence of mind and "Prunus cerasifera" that's supposed to give a balanced mind when losing control. My main thought, despite all of these things, was that the flavor doesn't last very long. It's not bad gum, but it never really made me feel calmer, more soothed, more focused, or anything like that. It just made me feel like I was chewing rubbery gum.
  • The water: This was supposed to make me sleep better, but I couldn't really tell a difference in my sleep quality that night. It did taste decent, so I'll give it credit there.
  • The shampoo: I have thick hair that isn't really damaged because I hardly ever use heat on it, so I didn't know how this would do with my hair. It wasn't great for my particular hair type. It weighed my hair down so much that it looked greasy and unwashed by the middle of the next day (I'm a nighttime showerer). Someone with thinner and/or more damaged hair might have better luck with this shampoo.
  • The conditioner: The conditioner felt thin and watery. I used a healthy squirt of it, but it didn't get through my lion's mane. I had to add some of my regular conditioner just to get the tangles out. Again, someone with thinner and/or more damaged hair might have a better experience with this.
  • The repair rescue: Never used this one. Oops!
Overall, I give the products in this box a 2 out of 5 stars. I hope to receive more boxes from Influenster, but this wasn't the best start!

No comments: