Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Currently : September 2021

Hi again. I haven't posted since February, and coincidentally, it was my February Currently post

It's been a really tough year. My dad died at the end of March after a really short sickness, and it has changed basically everything for us. We live about a mile from my mom and dad's house, and Charli has stayed with them since she was born. It has been a huge loss for all of us, and until recently, I had no desire to read anything, write anything, or do anything. Lately though, I've started thinking about how I want my life to look and how we really aren't guaranteed time on this planet (and I've started writing about that more on Medium). I miss writing here and having a reason to be creative and work on my writing skills. Plus, this blog (and the 8,000 other ones I've gone through) help tell a story of who I am and what is going on in my life. So, here I am again, and I'm starting off with a light post about what I'm currently up to.


Beginning :
Goal-setting and the process of shaping my life into what I dream of it being - not just what I feel like I "have to" do. 

Ending : Consignment sale tagging. We have a pretty big local sale twice a year. Mom and I participated once as sellers, but we paid for someone to do the tagging for us. This time, we decided that we would do the tags, and wow, do we have a lot of stuff! I'm almost finished entering, printing, and pinning everything, and I'll be glad not to be surrounded by piles of clothes and bags after we drop this stuff off in a few days!

Just a small pile of clothes...

Loving : My family. No further explanation necessary!

Picking : Up our groceries. With the variant surge, Charli's kindergarten (!) schedule wiping us all out, plus a hundred other little things, I've decided to have us go back to doing grocery pickups. I'd much rather shop on my phone on my couch than go up and down each aisle while avoiding getting close to people!    

Posting : I made a posting schedule for this blog, my debt free blog, my Medium page, and Instagram account (I love participating in photo challenges!), so September is shaping up to be a month of posting many things in many places. I welcome the distraction and structure. 

Linking up with Anne!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Posting schedules - that is a brilliant idea and one I hear about often (as helpful, etc.) Yes, I just cannot seem to get it done. That is a load and a half of consignment treasures. Phew!

Tobia | craftaliciousme said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope you have many lovely memorie to keep. A schedule to get back is probably a good idea. Which you all the best.

Natasha said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. That must be hard. And all the best as you get into new routines.

Kym said...

Very sorry for the loss of your dad. Hope your new structures and goals will help you adjust. I like having a posting schedule too . . . but I'm not very good at following it! Wishing you the best!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.

I've been loving my family this year especially too! :)

Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net