Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Currently : February 2021


Loving : My little family! My husband is amazing, and we make such a good team! Our daughter is sweet, silly, funny, and hands-down the best kid I've ever met...even when she has her fiery tempered moments! We also have the most ferocious guard dog who is not at all scared of things like garbage bags and earmuffs. I'm so thankful to have this little family to call mine! 

Reading : Nothing at the moment, but I need to choose my C and D books for the Read the Alphabet Challenge, as well as get cranking so I can reach my goal of reading 13 books this month! 

Remembering : How different February 2020 was. I was still a school librarian, and we hadn't experienced any quarantine/lockdowns at that point. I love working at home now, but I do miss going places on a whim. Will and I talked about it Friday night while Char was at my mom and dad's house for a sleepover. We had date night in the car at Sonic, and we talked about how much we missed having options like going to the movies or to a sit-down restaurant. However, we are doing our part to be safe and responsible during this time, and we know that those things will be options again eventually! I wonder what I will be remembering in February 2022...

Sharing : Daily pictures on Instagram! I follow a daily photo prompt from The Idea Room, and so far, I haven't missed any in 2021!

Wishlisting : Mom & Me shirts for Char and me! There's a website called Sparkle in Pink, and they have the cutest matching mother and daughter shirts! I haven't ordered anything yet, but their prices seem pretty reasonable, plus they have bigger sizes that will fit me, so that's a plus (literally...hahaha). I know we don't really go anywhere, but I still want get us a matching set before she decides that it's the most embarrassing thing ever! Plus, eventually we'll be out and about again, right? I just can't decide what to get for our first order! If anyone has ordered clothes from this site, I'd love to hear your feedback! 

Linking up with Anne

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Loving your little family! I love it!! Enjoy all these days together:)

Melanie @ Life's Sweet Words said...

2020 was definitely a different year! And you are a school librarian?! That has always been a dream job of mine. Hope you get back there soon! #Currently

https://www.lifessweetwords.com/2021/02/2020-amazon-favorites-roundup.html

Anne said...

We've been doing a lot of reminiscing about the "before times" lately too as we get closer to the one-year mark of things really changing. I feel like we've adjusted pretty well, but man sometimes I really miss date nights... I guess one silver lining is plenty of time to love on our little families :)

Lovely said...

I too miss going to the movies and having a real date night. I really hope we get to enjoy outdoors soon as the vaccine is rolling out.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'm so glad you're doing the Read the Alphabet challenge. I actually own a lot of books that start with C and D, so it's kind of tough to narrow it down. I want to read them all! hah

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

crackercrumblife said...

Aww keep enjoying your family time. :) And a date night - doesn't it seem like forever ago we could do those things? I love your sonic idea!

Natasha said...

I'm off to check out that reading challenge! I love reading and am always up for a good challenge!