Monday, June 13, 2022

10 on the 10th : June 2022

Continuing my streak of getting back into blog series' and linkups that I haven't done in a while, I present 10 on the 10th for the first time since January 2021

(Or, as I like to call this linkup, 10 on whatever date the second Monday of the month is! Ha!)


This month's prompts are all about vacation, and wow, do I wish I was sitting on a beach with a fruity drink while answering these instead of on my couch with flavored water! Guess I'd better start saving my pennies before next summer!


1. Are you planning to take a vacation anytime soon? Please share!

Not this year. My mom and I had talked about possibly spending a couple of days at a family friend's cabin and going to the Knoxville Zoo, but with gas prices and the 15,000 other things we have scheduled this summer, I don't think it's going to work out to go anywhere this summer or this year. Maybe that means a beach trip next year since Charli has been begging all of us to go to the beach!

2. Have you recently gone on vacation? Tell us all about it!

It wasn't really a vacation, but Will and I took a few days off at the end of May so that we could spend time with Charli and relax. We had plans to do house things, but neither of us had the energy to take care of them. Oops!

3. What is your favorite way to travel?

Probably by car since that's how I've done 99% of my traveling, although with how bad my motion sickness has been in the car lately, I might have to rethink that...or just not ride anywhere with my mom... ;)

4. If money were no object, where would you go and why?

I'd do a huge trip and go worldwide for several months! I haven't traveled too much of the world, so I'd want to do it in one huge, exhausting trip and really get immersed in everything!

5. Who would be your favorite person (living or dead) to take on vacation?

My dad, especially now that Charli is old enough to do more things. I think he would've loved taking her to the beach! 

6. What do you absolutely have to pack when you go on vacation?

Basically everything I own! I have a fear of getting somewhere and not having the exact thing that I need, even though I've never been on a vacation somewhere without easy access to some kind of store that happens to sell that "exact thing." 


7. What are your memories of your all-time favorite vacation?

I don't really have an all-time favorite vacation! I've enjoyed all of my vacations for different reasons and have great memories from all of them (and some not great memories from some of them too! Yikes!!).

8. Where would you never go on vacation and why?

I would be hesitant to visit any of the places that are not welcoming to women and/or Americans. I don't think I need to name any specific countries here...

9. What is the worst thing you ever experienced on vacation?

Drinking so much Yoo-Hoo that I threw up on a Canadian family's tent in Gatlinburg! Funny now but mortifying at the time!!!

10. What is the best thing that ever happened to you on vacation?

So many good things have happened while on vacation, but to be cheesy, I think the best thing has always been the time I've been able to spend with my family members! We've created so many memories from vacations together, and those memories bring laughter on hard days! 

Linking up with Marsha










2 comments:

Shelbee on the Edge said...

Amber, this was so fun to read! I just giggled out loud at your Gatlinburg story! I went to Gatlinburg in 2019 and had such a great time. I would love to take my kids there one day. And some of my best vacations are the ones spent at home intending to do all the house things but never getting them done! As much as I love to get away sometimes, I always do prefer home to all other places...because all my stuff is there and it doesn’t all fit in the luggage! Ha.

Shelbee

Amber said...

Thank you for your kind words, Shelbee! I hope we can take our daughter to Gatlinburg in the next couple of years, especially since it's not too long of a car ride, and I know where all of the stores to buy things I forget to pack are located! ;)