Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Sentence A Day : May 2022

I haven't posted a Sentence a Day recap since January 2021! Even though so, so many things have changed in that time frame, it's good to post this again as kind of a journal for the month that just wrapped up. Enjoy reading about our May! 


1 - One of Charli's friends had a birthday party at a trampoline place, and my legs are tired!

2 - I'm not sore today like I thought I would be, considering my jumping yesterday!

3 - No school today because of local elections

4 - Happy Star Wars Day!

5 - Koopa joined me in the messy basement today since it was storming, and he looked so pitiful!

6 - Will and I went shopping for Teacher Appreciation Week while Charli had a sleepover with Gran!

7 - Mother's Day lunch with Will's mom this afternoon, and then another birthday party at one of her friend's houses this evening!

8 - Will and Charli made it a great Mother's Day for me! :)

9 - Consignment drop off and kickoff of Teacher Appreciation Week means I haven't slept enough this weekend! 

10 - Forgot to write my sentence today, so I can't really remember anything about today...

11 - ...Or today either!

12 - Charli fell on the track at school and scraped her chin and knee - poor girl!

13 - Field Day, and Charli said it was so much fun!!

14 - Will's stepdad and mom came over so he could fix our air conditioning; really glad to have his skills, especially before summertime!!

15 - Lazy Sunday at home!

16 - Mom and I went to consignment pickup and had to go back because we forgot things...oops!

17 - Don't really remember anything about today!

18 - Went into the office today and of course, I spilled food on my white shirt at lunchtime!

19 - Had a Mexican Pizza tonight, and it was not quite as good as I remembered! 

20 - Can't really remember anything about today except that it was Friday!

21 - Birthday party at the zoo for one of my cousin's children, then pizza afterwards made for some hot and tired people in this house! 

22 - Charli and I stayed home today since Will had to work and we were exhausted!

23 - Recognition day and family picnic at Charli's school today, and it was so cute to see her skipping across the gym to get her certificate! 

24 - This Is Us was so good tonight; I'm going to miss it!!

25 - Last day of school; goodbye Kindergarten and hello summer!!

26 - We let Charli have a "yes day," and she chose Chick Fil A, a new toy at Target, looking at appliances at Best Buy, then wanted to go back to my mom's house to play!

27 - Went to an eye appointment for Charli, got a refund on recalled peanut butter at Sam's Club and ate lunch there, and visited a new (to her) playground.

28 -  Going inside the grocery store makes me realize why I prefer ordering online...

29 - Cheekwood with Mom and Charli was so fun!!

30 - Memorial Day at Mom's house and time outside.

31 - Back to work, and wow, it was hard to focus today! 

I didn't touch on the tragedy in Texas during this post. As the mother of an elementary school student, and the daughter of an educational assistant in that same school, I was devastated and sickened by what happened. I'm looking into local advocacy groups and researching ways that I can take action rather than just sitting in my feelings. I hope we can do better as a country for all of our kids. 

(I'm not sure if this is still a linkup, but if I find out it is, I'll come back and update this part!).

No comments: