Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Currently : November 2020

Welcome to my first linkup on my old/new space! I used to blog at amberiam.com, but thanks to a list of events, including not renewing my domain, not downloading my backup site in time, and letting my site get purchased (hacked? who knows?) by what appears to be someone in China, I'm back here! This space used to be named AmberCanRead, but I updated the name so all of my adoring fans (hahaha) would kind of recognize me! 


Appreciating : My family! I have a great support system who takes care of me when I do things like dropping my entire lunch on the ground! Ha! I'm so grateful for my husband, daughter, dog, parents and in-laws, especially this year! Love all of you! 

Ordering : Groceries online for pickup. Even before the pandemic, I didn't like shopping for groceries, so it's been really nice to order through an app and just go pick them up at a designated time!

Perfecting : Our daily and weekly routines. This year has been full of changes for us, including career changes, so we've had to figure out new daily and weekly routines to suit our new lifestyle. It's all trial and error, and I'm sure it'll change 100 more times before we get it down, but maybe if I say we're perfecting these things, it'll convince me that we're doing okay! 😜

Planning : Things to do in the wintertime. Between the pandemic and flu season, we're going to be indoors and home more than we have been in the past. We want to make sure that we're being careful, so we're planning fun things to do around the house this winter. We're also looking at local parks that we can go to since we can keep our distance from people, plus our winters are usually pretty mild (until around mid-to-late January). Watch us have piles of snow since I said that. Maybe I need to order some snow toys...ha!

Wearing : Lots of leggings, stretchy clothes, and warm clothes! Working at home means wearing whatever is comfortable, and since our basement is feels like a freezer, even in the middle of summer, I'm usually wearing (mismatched) layers, under a shawl, and running a heater! We usually venture out of the house once a week for our grocery pickup and a change of scenery, and I'll wear "actual clothes" then, which always remind me how much I snack during the day now...

How about you? Have you ordered anything fun lately? Have any comfy and warm clothes recommendations? Leave me a comment, or if you published a Currently post, drop your link so I can come visit! 

Linking up with Anne!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the comfy options of what can be worn when working home. Cozy clothes this time of year are the best.

Anne said...

Lots of grocery ordering here too - I actually didn't mind grocery shopping that much, but now that I save so much time with curbside pickup?! I don't see going back to that. And Athleta Powervita leggings have been my comfy go-to. A bit of a splurge, but I wear them for days in a row (if you don't really leave the house, do you really get dirty?), so I say worth it :)

Hope you all have a good month, and find some great outdoor options - kinda hoping for less than normal snow here this winter so we can continue to get out to parks and trails too.

Laura B said...

I have actually never ordered groceries! Haha! It's one of my only reasons to get out of the house without kids! I'm all about cozy clothing too! Matching sweat suits? Not here!

Lindsey H. said...

Cozy clothing for the win! I know when we have to go back to the office full-time, I'm sure going to miss my leggings and comfy shirts a lot!

crackercrumblife said...

I always order groceries too! I also do a Target pick up like once a week too. LOL.

And cozy clothes for the win. I am with you!

Anthea said...

I started wearing comfy clothes in March when we started working from home (we were going into autumn in March) so it was all cozy clothes and slippers.

Online shopping is awesome :)

Shea Lennon said...

Ordering groceries can be such a lifesaver! I don't always do that, but it's so nice to have the option. I'm loving all the comfy things right now too.