Monday, September 30, 2013

A Review of Packing Light

Have you ever just felt meh? There's not necessarily anything wrong; in fact, if you were to describe your life to someone, you'd realize just how blessed you were. But despite that, you just feel like you're coasting through life, and you know there has to be something more.

Allison (Ally) Vesterfelt had that same feeling. Her life in Portland, Oregon was perfectly fine; she had a nice roommate who she got along with, a job she enjoyed, and hobbies and friends that made her happy...or so she thought.

When Ally confessed to her friend Sharaya that she had always wanted to take a road trip and visit all 50 states, Sharaya came up with counterarguments to every objection that she had for why it wasn't a wise idea.

What would happen to Ally's routine life when she pared it down to the basics and hit the road? How would she learn to shed her literal and metaphorical baggage in order to live a fuller life and find out who she really was? Most importantly, what would Ally do when she got home and had to return to a "normal" life?

Packing Light came into my life at the perfect time. I've been feeling a little blah lately, and I've been in need of a little shaking up. Although I can't take a cross-country journey like Ally and Sharaya, I can get rid of the physical and spiritual junk that's holding me back from packing light and living a fuller life.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of Packing Light, but all opinions are entirely my own!

No comments: