Monday, September 9, 2013

Blogtember: September 9

Monday, September 9: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)

Okay, this one surprised me a little until I started reading more about it. I'm an ISFP, which means Introvert, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving. As you can see below, I don't have strong tendencies in any of the categories


Your Type
ISFP
Introvert(33%)  Sensing(12%)  Feeling(25%)  Perceiving(22)%
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
  • You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

I fully expected to be an extrovert because I can have conversations with anyone and have never really felt "shy"; however, introversion doesn't necessarily refer to being outgoing. The questions in the test seemed to talk more about how I felt when I was around large crowds, whether I would rather have fewer friends, stay home versus go out, etc. I'm definitely a homebody, and I don't feel energized by large social gatherings, so I think that's where the introversion came in.

I read more about these traits here and here. I think these sites were really insightful into some aspects of my personality, such as why I didn't like taking online classes! Is there anyone reading who actually knows me and would like to comment on my perception versus my actual personality?

No comments: