Sunday, November 17, 2013

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 10 (You Need Cheerleaders)

Well, I completely missed yesterday's entry. We were out most of the day and evening, so by the time we got home, I didn't even think about writing. I'm only going to do Day 10 tonight, and I'll finish on the Friday after Thanksgiving instead of on the actual day; no harm, no foul. I'll be completely honest also; I'm not as impressed with this book as I was when I read other people's recaps of it and when I skimmed through it. It seems kind of repetitive, and I don't feel like it's helping me accomplish my day-to-day goals, but maybe that's because I'm not doing everything to the letter as I should be. I'm going to recommit to it starting with my Day 11 entry tomorrow and see if that helps.

Moving right along...the Day 9 was to break one of my larger goals down into smaller, bite-sized pieces. This goes along with the idea of breaking down the goals on my 30 during 30 list. I chose the goal of our family becoming debt free and more financially secure. I made a multi-step, three-year plan that will help make the overall goal more manageable, and I'm scheduling review time reminders on my Wunderlist account so I'll remember to look at the goals to refocus and recommit if needed. 

Today's chapter talks about the importance of having people around you that will remind you to stay on track with your goals. They don't have to be physically near you; the idea still works if your cheerleaders are virtual or texting you to keep you encouraged. The exercise for today urges you to consider whether or not you have cheerleaders in your life who are helping push you closer to your goals. If not, think about people you might ask about becoming your accountability partner.

Hope everyone is staying safe tonight!

No comments: