Wednesday, November 13, 2013

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 7 (Resist Negative Thought Patterns)

7 days in already! Woo hoo! And now that I've fixed my mistake, we're on track. =)

Yesterday's exercise was to step back and consider whether or not I'm being realistic about my discipline goals or need to tweak anything in order to achieve better success. I do think I'm being realistic about my first habit that I've set. I'm not quite sure what she meant by discipline goals. If she's referring to the list that I made a few days ago, then I do think I'm being realistic, but I guess I won't know for sure until I try implementing those things!

Now, to day 7. Today's chapter urges us to remove the words I can't from our vocabulary and keep a positive attitude, rather than having the mindset that we're probably going to fail at this, just like every other goal/challenge we have ever undertaken. She says to surround yourself with people who will inspire you and motivate you. If you can't think of anyone like that, leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Twitter, and I will be glad to be that person for you!

Today's exercise (which I just realized she calls "practical application". I like that better!) asks what negative thought patterns you need to squelch. Also, when they arise, how will you replace them with positive, inspirational thoughts?

No comments: