Thursday, November 21, 2013

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 14 (Set Yourself Up For Success)

Like last night, I have a couple of things I want to say before jumping into the series. I was pretty frustrated with myself last night and ready to make drastic changes and cut everything that might be remotely threatening to my quest for more self-discipline until one of my Facebook friends made a great point: keeping those things will help me more because I will get to exercise the self-discipline skills that I am learning. I'm so glad she wrote that! I can't completely remove everything in my life that might be the slightest bit distracting. That's ridiculous to think so! Instead, I have to use Paine's tips to apply discipline and focus to my life and learn how to balance the fun and the serious. I'm so thankful for all of the wisdom I've been receiving from people thanks to this series! I'm going to have to do another series like this after the Christmas season!

Now, let's get back to it! =)

Yesterday's exercise was to read a book about self-discipline. This is my favorite and the easiest exercise so far! I found Eat That Frog, one of the suggested books from yesterday in eBook format from the library, so I've loaded it onto my iPad. It's only a 3 week checkout, and it seems like a pretty short book, so I don't think I'll need to set page number goals like she suggested. 

Today's chapter is about setting yourself up for successfully achieving your goals. She gives the example of trying to achieve the goal of getting up early, you can do things that will help you to be more likely to succeed, such as go to bed earlier, get up and immediately start exercising, or buy an alarm clock without a snooze button/feature. 

The exercise for today is to consider what things are hindering your success in following through with your goal(s)? Also, what steps can you take to set you up for better success?

No comments: