Saturday, November 9, 2013

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 3 (Start With Small Things)

I didn't realize that my pictures from yesterday weren't showing up. It should be fixed now. Thanks for letting me know, Aunt Lorrie! =)

Yesterday's exercise was to choose one simple habit to change that I could resolve to follow through with for the next 24 hours. I decided that my simple habit was going to be to take the puppy for a walk after work. I don't always do that, especially now that it's getting dark earlier, but it makes a huge difference in how calm he is at night. Even a short walk helps!

Today's chapter talks about how important it is not to be discouraged by small changes. She even says that moving in the right direction, even at a microscopic rate, is still moving forward. This chapter really resonated with me because I always want everything to change immediately! It's so easy to get discouraged when you don't think you're making any progress!

Today's exercise is to choose one small bad habit that you will commit to reverse or one good habit you will aim to implement in your life for the next 20 days. She suggests a few tracking resources on her site if you want to visually track your progress. I've got a couple of ideas about what I want to do, so be sure to come back tomorrow to see which one I chose and what the task for day 3 is!

No comments: