Friday, May 10, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: May 10

Today's prompt: Most embarrassing moment(s). Spill

This one was a hard one for me, not because I was reluctant to share an embarrassing moment but because I  usually feel awkward instead of embarrassed. I was trying to remember the last time I felt truly embarrassed, but nothing came to mind. So, I decided to recap a couple from my younger years.

No Homers Club

12 points to Gryffindor if you get the reference...
When I was in elementary school, there was another girl named Amber in my class. One day I was in class, and I noticed an envelope on a table that had my name on it. I ripped it open and saw that it was an invitation to a birthday party of the most popular girl in the class. I was so excited! And, well, we all know how this one ends, don't we? I don't know why it never occurred to me that it wasn't for me. Sigh...


Oops I Ripped My Pants...

Oh Spongebob. You always know how to illustrate my pain

In college I used to participate in theater. Since my house was about 17 miles from the school, I didn't really like to drive home during the day then have to come back for play rehearsal, so I would hang out at a friend's house. We'd generally watch TV, do homework, have great philosophical debates about the history of the universe, you know, the normal college kid stuff. One day I decided that I wanted to show him some dance moves. It must have been a particularly boring day since I'm pretty rhythm-less. I had on fairly new jeans, and I guess they were still pretty stiff because I threw my leg in the air and rrriiippppppp. They didn't even rip on a seam either! They ripped on a random part of the front of the leg. Thankfully, I had some sweats with me, so I was able to change, but the poor jeans were toast.

A Hop, Skip, and a Jump Away

Two Homers in one post? Say what?

My church has a two weekend program for people who are interested in different areas of ministry to attend. After you complete the sessions, they call everyone up during the next weekend's service and congratulate them. I wasn't married at the time and my maiden name started with a W, so I was one of the last people to be called up. While I was walking up there, it seemed like it was taking too long, so I decided to skip. In front of the entire church. I didn't feel embarrassed until my mom called me out when I sat back down. A brisk walk just wouldn't have cut it, I suppose...

I know this is twisted, but I can't wait to read some other embarrassing moments from the linkup! If you're not participating and want to share your embarrassment, leave a comment below so everyone can commiserate! 

No comments: