Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: May 4

Today's prompt: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it

I had to think about this one some. My husband suggested, in honor of today's date, that my quote should be "May the Fourth Be With You." For some reason, I decided against that. Then, I looked at my favorite quotes on my Facebook page...and realized that they're a little outdated and not necessarily really my favorites. Finally, I realized that I have a favorite quote that I love so much I'm planning to get tattooed on my foot.

Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

I guess that Scripture could be considered a quote although I've never thought it about that way. This has become a life philosophy for me lately. When I'm facing something challenging, whether it's mental, emotional, or physical (especially while at the gym...eep), I recite the verse and chapter to myself to remind myself that nothing is impossible with the strength of Christ on my side. It doesn't mean that things will always be smooth sailing, but I do have the power of the Creator on my side. Kinda makes jumping jacks and a bad day seem a little more tolerable, doesn't it? ;-)

No comments: