Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: May 2

Today's prompt: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like.

How to avoid doing laundry*:

1. Make a laundry schedule of doom in which you break down your laundry by which day you're going to do it, taking care to leave something like "towels" for those days that your husband is off and wants to do laundry without worrying about what can and can't be dried, washed in hot water, etc.

2. Start out strong. Do more than what the schedule says. Gloat quietly or loudly...reader's choice.

3. Skip a day, reasoning that "you're ahead of schedule and can afford to."

4. Skip another day because you're still kind of ahead and both of you still have plenty of clothes to wear and towels to use.

5. Skip one more day because it's a day that ends in 'y'/the sun is shining/it's raining/you're tired/you're hyper/any number of other reasons that seem ridiculous

6. Realize that you're out of socks that you wear to the gym or to walk/jog

7. Start skipping your workouts

8. Go into laundry room and look at the mountains of laundry that have accumulated

9. Cry

10. Write a blog posting about how to avoid doing laundry, then resolve to do some laundry...or just keep avoiding it...in the name of writing research after all...

*Absolutely not based on my life at all. I just happen to be an expert at this particular topic...

8 comments:

JustineC said...

LOVE!

Britt and Hive said...

hahahah me too!
What do you know!?
I often rank cry higher on the list though, maybe once mid week, in front of the husband. That way he's less mad when he's out of socks too...

orneryswife said...

It's not the laundry I hate, but the dishes. Sadly Ornery doesn't decide he can pitch in there... bummer!

Cute post!
tm

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've done that! We do laundry, but then leave it in baskets. I can, at any time, tell one of my 4 kids to start a load or switch it over. I supposed I can tell them to fold it, too. I eventually do that, then sigh heavily and loudly when it's done incorrectly or they complain about it!

Amber said...

Thanks! =)

Amber said...

Ooh, I like that strategy! We're still newlyweds, so I can get away with a lot more right now, but I'm going to tuck that in my back pocket for when the honeymoon is over ha ha.

Amber said...

Thanks! =) I'm still working on figuring out a way to convince mine that he does a better job at the dishes than I do!

Amber said...

I'll take a little complaining if it means someone else does it ha ha