Monday, May 6, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: May 6

Today's prompt: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

I am the gatekeeper. Some people have called my profession the gatekeeper of knowledge, but I am not the gatekeeper of knowledge in the traditional sense of the word. I am the gatekeeper of how.

How do I log into a copier? How do I print more than one slide to a page? How do I find an article about this obscure topic that I really don't care about but have to write about anyway? How do I reserve a study room? How do I make it through my semester with a little sanity left? How am I ever going to do this?

(Anyone want to take a guess at what my job is? I'll reveal it tomorrow, but I would love to see if anyone knows what I do!)

No comments: